Here are some tips for new contact lens wearers:
- Always follow the wearing schedule prescribed by your doctor.
- Always wash your hands with soap before applying or removing contact lenses.
- Never use any substance other than contact lens rinse or solution to clean contacts (even tap water is a no-no).
- Never reuse contact lens solution.
- Follow the eye doctor’s advice about swimming or showering in your lenses.
- Always remove your lenses if they are bothering you or causing irritation.
- Never sleep in your lenses unless they are extended wear.
- Never use any contact lenses that were not acquired with a prescription at an authorized source.
- Never purchase cosmetic lenses without a prescription!
Please contact our eye care office if you have any questions about your contact lenses.