Accent on Eyes ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctor is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken when entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork required by you. Our staff will assist when necessary.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone or with one other person unless you are a minor and require adult supervision. We will allow one caregiver inside with the child. Family groups will be allowed and must stay together.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time. This is not often necessary.
- We ask that upon entering our practice, that you immediately wash your hands with hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, coughing or other symptoms of Corona19.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the office and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients. We may ask you to relocate and will appreciate your cooperation.
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup) is available.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Our staff and doctor will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as masks.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the office such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls will be used as often as possible to avoid multiple visits and increase in exposure.